Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The 'Burg's first Quaker Steak Bike Night




Quaker Steak & Lube opened in the 'Burg last winter. The burgers are some of the best cooked ones in the city, but their fries suck.

Tonight was their first bike night.

I have gone to a lot of bike nights and always find them a little boring and usually leave not long after I arrive. I decided to go check out their bike night.

It was a sweet day even though the forecast warned of possible heavy thunderstorms. I showed up about an hour after it was supposed to start. There were a few vendors but from what I could tell with the reserved bike parking that it was just some kind meeting too. The warning signs that "No Weapons Beyond This Point" was kind of un-nerving.

So I went in deciding to get a burger cooked inside instead of buying a discount patty burned on their outside grill.

I finished the meal and walked around for a few minutes to see what's up and quickly became extremely bored and headed out for a long ride through the backroads home.

I probably won't be doing that again. I should have known better.

No comments: