Saturday, June 15, 2013

2013 Battlefield Open

The Battlefield Open was held at the new private course in Richmond, The Village. It's a tough long wooded course.

I'm not going to do much of a play by play except that I started off on 9  hitting pars and before you know it you are 10, 15, 20 over par.


Ended up 10 behind the next guy in MG1 guaranteeing me last place. I could have just taken a nap for the second round and not done any worse. To top it all off (Which is not a big deal to me) my score was wrong and took a 2 stroke penalty. My scorecard was 78 just like the above card, But the TD said it should have been 77 so I ended up at 79. I still don't understand. If both cards had the same score where was the mistake?

But when you are 10 strokes back, what's 2 more piled on...

The second round went better. It was all the MG1 players and we play together a lot and we were having fun and joking around. But like before a start off ok and before you know it exploded scorecard.



The Battlefield Open Advanced Grand Masters (L-R) Larry Merril, Billy Seavey, Me and Jim Street.


Billy won his first MG1 event, Larry took 2nd, Jim finished 3rd and I took last, again.

To celebrate Billy's win he putted his birdie putt on the last hole blindfolded...


For all the scores...

2013 Battlefield Open


No comments: