Monday, February 16, 2015

BQO Trophy Discs

If you are looking to start hosting disc golf tournaments and are wondering what trophies I can afford. This is a great way to go.

My friend John is hosting the Betty Queen Open II. The most economical trophies are custom dyed discs.

I designed the art for John last year. This year he gave me 10 discs from his extra disc stash that every long time player collects. Golf discs that you will never use or will ever trade because no on throws these molds anymore.

Why not use those discs as custom trophies?

Last year I hand cut the masks but this year I used my Sihloette plotter and was able to cut all 10 masks in about 30 minutes.



 Another hour or so to weed them and put them on the discs. That cut the process down to what it seemed like nothing at all.



Set up my dye and while one was cooking in the pot I was getting the other one ready. Then using hot water to help remove the masks as others were in the dye. It took about 5 hours to get them all dyed.






Even if all the dyes were the same it didn't take me long at all to get 10 trophies done and they turned out great.


I highly recommend learning how to do this if you are looking for an alternative to tournament trophies.


No comments: