Saturday, May 23, 2015

Blue Skies Are the Best

When the high is going to be mid-70° range and there is not a cloud in the sky Im going to do something. I didn't feel like playing a round so I started up the bike and headed north. Before I knew it I was in Warrenton and was getting hungry so I stopped at Firehouse.


I continued north and ended up in Front Royal to hit Skyline from mile 0. There was a very long line of traffic at the gate but luckily I had my season pass and cut to the front of the line. The cool temps kicked in as I climbed up the mountain and took my first break at the top.


I can't get enough of Skyline on a day like today. The weather was perfection and Spring was in full green mode.


Considering the line at the entrance the actual traffic was not bad at all. The only problem was tourists stopping at a sharp curve to photograph a couple of bears. Which I have no problem with but don't stop in the middle of the road on a blind curve. It tends to be dangerous on a busy day.


Another reason I love Skyline so much....

I rode from mile 0 at Front Royal down to the 33 interchange at mile 64. I ended up riding about 225 miles today. I held up pretty good. I didn't get and kinks until I got back in to the 'Burg.


No comments: