Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fuuuuccccckkkkk!



Today has been exhausting. Cleaned up the oil drain lines, changed the oil & primary.

The oil drain lines on the Sporty have been dripping a few drops of oil on long rides. The line is the original line and brittle & cracked and need to be cleaned up. Let me tell you reaching those lines is tough. Working on your side to take it apart & put on new worm clamps can wear you out.

I had an idea to see if I could make future oil changes easier.

I had an old Fram Sure Drain from one of the cars I sold before I moved up here and modified it and it fit the inside diameter of the oil line perfectly. I then mounted it to old oil line plug post until I can figure out something better.

Now for oil changes I just remove the cap and screw on the tube that opens the drain valve and let the oil flow out.

As I was underneath the bike working on the oil lines I noticed the kickstand was loose and not sitting right. So I took it apart and found out the top post bushing was worn out. Luckily I was able to find a replacement bushing that wasn't intended for the kickstand but fit just right. Now the jiffy stand (why is it called a jiffy stand?) retracts like new.

No comments: