Saturday, July 20, 2013

Sporty Surprise...

This was the weekend I finally got off my ass and started getting the Sporty ready to ride. I took her outside to start her up after sitting for months...



The surprise came when I was cleaning the months of dust of the Sporty and came across this....


Some how two bolts that keep the drive belt pulley seem to have come loose and were ripped out on a ride.


After taking the wheel off I find even more disturbing things...


Two pulley bolts were already missing. When I take the pulley off the wheel two more bolts are broken leaving just one bolt holding the pulley in place. The pulley is damaged, the rear wheel is damaged and the swing arm in damaged.


I was lucky and found a complete replacement wheel, pulley, rotor & axle/bearing ready to mount on eBay for $150. Since I'm replacing the swing arm I'll be replacing all the parts with chrome ones.

No comments: