Sunday, March 30, 2014

SOMD Classic

It was a cold and stormy day...

My last official PDGA event has passed...

I went up to Lancaster Park, MD for the Southern Maryland Disc Golf's inaugural Classic. My friend Jerry Honis was going to TD the first PDGA tournament at Hot Shots DGC. So I signed up. I was planning to drop out after my disaster of a Loriella Challenge appearance but I couldn't let Jerry down.

The weather was pretty bad. Cold, windy & wet. But I traveled up there anyway. I wasn't planning on doing very well and after the first round from the long tees. I ended up having a lot of fun the first round.

 I was only 4 strokes off the lead with the short tees for the second round.






Then during the break I tried to warm up in my truck and took some pain meds and IcyHot on my back to try and get ready for the next round. By the time I got to my second round tart tee by back was just about locked up. I went double circle 7, circle 6, double bogey and bogey after my first 4 holes. That put me at 10 over after 4 holes. I decided to go ahead and drop out and head home. My back was killing me and there was no hope of salvaging the round.

It was a the typical epic fail of a tournament that was fitting of my last event.




No comments: