Friday, March 17, 2006

PGR mission #1


A local marine was killed in Iraq and I am going on my first ride mission with the Patriot Guard Riders.

I guess I can consider myself lucky. I never enlisted. After Viet Nam it wasn't a smart carrer move to join and by the time I became too old to be of any help America never really had any military challenges.

But in the last 15 years so many of our young nation have died in the middle east. I have known several of them.

I do remember watching the T.V. the day the helicopters lifted off the roof of the U.S. Embassy in Saigon. I wonder if 50,000 will end up dying before the mess out there is under control.

All I can do is show my respect for those brave enough to volunteer to go in to harms way and pay that terrible price.

Patriot Guard Riders

No comments: