Sunday, March 05, 2006

Some ridin' - some history...

After riding around town yesterday I wanted to actually go somewhere. So I get up this morning and head up Rt. 1. It was a little chilly but after a while I get used to it. My destination is D.C. & seeing the new stuff at the Smithsonian American History Museum.

It was a great easy going pace, I get close to the city and the cool old archetecture and brownstones are nice to look at on the way in to the city. When I get to the Mall & Washington Monument a parking space opened up for me. Right across the way from the building I want to visit.(a family was leaving right as I arrived, perfect timing)

I checked out the new military exhibits in the American History museum. They had a treestump from the Spotsylvania battlefield (near the Spotsy courthouse) that had been chewed up by hundreds of bullets. You never know what your going to see there, that stump was just a few miles from where I live.

The first Mac (about 1984) was there as well as the Genisis rock, the piece of anthrocite found by Scott & Warden on Apollo 15.

The ride home was just as easy going and I had a great day.

No comments: